Stephanie Obi hails from the eastern part of Nigeria. She is an entrepreneur, astute digital marketer, business coach, and fashion designer.
Stephanie is the founder of an online business school called Steph B-School. The school is for Experts like Coaches, CEO’s, Service Entrepreneurs, Influencers and Role Models.
She created a line of fashion accessories and T-shirts called ST Colours inspired by the popular African fabric, Ankara.
Stephanie Obi grew up in Lagos State. She graduated with a First Class in Computer Science from Covenant University, in 2007.
She has an MBA; Specializing in General Management; from the prestigious Lagos Business School (Pan African University).
She has won several awards such as:
- 1st Runner Up at Standard Chartered Bank’s Dragons Den Competition.
- First Prize Winner. Wimbiz Impact Investment Competition.
- Between August 2009 – November 2009, she worked as Business Development and Sales/Commercial Support at Ericsson. While here, she co-ordinated knowledge management among the team which greatly enhanced best practices. She helped to develop a local adaptation of a multimedia portfolio for a leading mobile operator and also planned departmental events.
- She developed a new business model focused on leveraging mobile technology for the publishing company.
- From November 2009 - July 2010, Stephanie Obi was a Surveillance Engineer at Zain Ng Managed Services. Here, she performed proactive network management activities leading to improvement in performance/availability of the mobile network.
- In July 2010, Miss Stephanie Obi founded and established an online accessories training school called ST Colours. The platform enables young women all over the world to learn how to make Ankara accessories and start a business with the skill.
- Stephanie Obi participated in several interactive strategy sessions with Prof. Michael Porter as part of the capacity building initiatives organized by The Tony Elumelu Foundation for AMIP participants.
- Between July 2011 – September 2011, she was a Summer Associate for African Markets Internship Program at Tony Elemulu Foundation.
- Stephanie Obi created an innovative solution to increase the access to educational books by children in the bottom of pyramid.
Why TechHer Loves Her:
Stephanie Obi is tech savvy and has demonstrated this in all of her work experiences as stated above. With the aid of digital technology, Stephanie has been able to resolve issues on how to build businesses online so that they can reach more people. Her passion for technology remains a force to reckon with. We encourage all women to use technology to solve problems around them.
Information gleaned from the internet.