Isioma Idemudia is a Nigerian info tech expert with over 10 years of technology management experience. She is also an innovation specialist whose passion and ideas have significantly birthed and helped start-ups and tech related entrepreneurial activities.
In 2006, she graduated with a Second Class Upper B. Tech in Computer Software Engineering from the Rivers State University of Science and Technology.
In 2012, she earned her Master’s in information technology from the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology. Aside her qualifications, she is also knowledgeable in artificial intelligence, business process re-engineering, system analysis and design.
In 2014, she enrolled for a professional program at the Harvard University, U.S.A where she studied innovation and strategy.
Isioma Idemudia got her Ph.D in Innovation and Management from the Institute of Engineering, Innovation and Technology Management. Her research topic was on Investigating critical failure factors for agile software projects in Nigeria. Her skills include project management, database management, risk management, business intelligence and agile methodologies.
She is also an Oracle Certified Database Administrator and Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist.
- Between January 2008 – September 2009, she worked as Database Administrator at IPIT Services Limited in Port-Harcourt. She helped to manage Microsoft’s database and also lectured students on Microsoft SQL Server 2003 and 2008.
- She has been a Computer Analyst since December 2009 till date at the Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria Abuja. She has immensely helped in bridging the gap between theory and practice in information technology in the government.
- Between 2011 and 2012, she worked as a database design consultant for E-governance and due process bureau in Bayelsa State of Nigeria. During this project, she was involved in investigating the relationships between identified entities and mapping their relationships.
- Since June 2015 till present, she has been working as Executive Director at The Tutor Hub; a company with over 25 years of tutoring experience that helps in identifying the specific educational needs of children in ensuring that they excel academically via proper coaching. As an executive director, part of her job role entails the effective coordination of day-to-day activities towards the achievement of organizational goals and objectives.
- In 2015, she founded the Founders Café; a blog whose focus is to provide insights and tips for engaging business conversations with clients and give highlights on technology start-ups. Between 30th of November and 4th December, 2015, the Founders Café hosted its maiden start-up meeting tagged #AbujaStartups in Abuja. The edition was sponsored by National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) office for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (OIIE).
The bottom line of her works is that she has been able to design an effective medium in making use of her knowledge in providing businesses with the right information. When one reads in between the lines regarding her achievements, the following key terms and more could be coined; consultant, innovator, teacher, expert, mentor, corporate advisor, business coach and tech start-up specialist. Call her any of these and you are right!
Why TechHer Loves Her:
She is a passion driven innovation strategist who has leveraged on technology to activate her ideas and concepts. Isioma Idemudia derives great pleasure in seeing businesses prosper. She is also determined to positively do her best for tech related start-ups in Nigeria.
Her efforts in positively influencing children via The Tutor Hub and her work at the Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria is a worthwhile one. These would benefit our society as her mentoring skills would help shape teenagers into responsible and better adults.
A final lesson for us all is that Isioma Idemudia is never afraid of challenges. We should endeavor to always make use of our analytical skills which will always yield results.
Information gleaned from the Internet.