Ofure Ukpebor is a 22-year-old computer programmer, freelancer and head of technology at Anakle Nigeria. Anakle Nigeria is a digital company that provides innovative solutions to clients.
She is originally from Edo State in Nigeria and graduated with a first class degree in Computer Science from Babcock University, Nigeria in 2012.
She is currently studying for a Master’s degree in Computer Science at City University of New York, America and will conclude the programme in 2017.
In 2009, she got an Oracle Database SQL Certified Expert qualification from Microsoft Inc. and became a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist after obtaining a CompTia license in June 2010.
- Between June 2010 – September 2010, she briefly worked as a Computer Programmer in Shell Development Petroleum Company Port Harcourt, Nigeria. She was involved in designing and normalizing of SQL databases and designing of process books for real time system monitoring with PI process book. She also repaired and troubleshot general computer hardware and programming in Visual Basic and Java languages.
- From May 2011 – August 2011, she was a Computer Programmer at the Niger Delta Petroleum Resources Limited (NDPR) Port Harcourt where she was responsible for the designing of Work Breakdown Schedule (WBS) for IT projects. She deployed developed applications and conducted user education, developed web applications with PHP, troubleshot general computer hardware and developed web desktop applications with VB.NET.
- From July 2012 – June 2013, she worked as a programmer and software developer at Anakle Nigeria. Her achievements at Anakle Nigeria are:
- She built useful applications that helped people in their going around with their daily activities.
- She created, maintained and provided support for application programs and websites for administration. She also created web and mobile systems making use of HTML, Java, PHP, JQUERY and associated tools.
- Ofure Ukpebor has also been working as a freelancer since 2010 till date and has used her vast nerdy skills to provide innovative solutions for clients.
- She rose to the position of Head of Technology at Anakle Nigeria in July 2013. She is responsible for training and mentoring upcoming developers on the best programming practices and methodologies as well as analysing and debugging code structures to ensure that completed software undergo all the phases of software development life cycle. She also attends to clients’ meetings and conducts negotiations on behalf of Anakle Nigeria. She still supervises the technology team at Anakle Nigeria.
The followings are some of the projects Ofure Ukpebor has worked on:
- In March 2012, she designed and implemented an online recruitment platform for Babcock University along with Olushola Awoderu. The system was built to enable the Human Resource department of Babcock University to generate a talent of job applicants and also contact them. In summary, the project converts Human Resources functions to e-recruitment solutions.
- In May 2014, she developed the Bride Price App (www.brideprice.com.ng) with Team Anakle members like Chilezie Unachuwkwu, Tokunbo Adewale, Munachi Nwoke -Ekpo, Editi Effiong and Bolatito Bolasodun . The application has been accessed from over 156 countries around the globe
Why TechHer Loves Her:
We love her because she is a resolute and innovative young woman. She is one who’s got brain, intelligence she puts to work. She once said “I strongly believe learning never ends and I try to put in my best in everything I do”.
To us she is a great hope for the future; for women in technology in Nigeria and Africa.
Information gleaned from the Internet.