Winnie Ngamije is a Burundi-born Rwandan national form Kigali, Rwanda. Miss Ngamije was offered a full scholarship to complete her Bachelor’s degree with distinction in Computer Engineering and Information Technology from Kigali Institute of Science and Technology in 2010. She has a certificate in Software Security from Coursera in 2015.
Winnie is a techprenuer from Rwanda. She works as an IT engineer at Rwanda Civil Aviation Authority. She was among the ambitious female leaders in technology from the Middle East brought to Silicon Valley by Techwomen in October 2014 for its five-week long immersion.
- In 2010, she started her career as an intern with MTN-Rwandacel; a telecommunications company where she worked in the intelligent network and value-added services department.
- In 2011, she became a permanent staff member as a network operation centre engineer.
- In October 2015, she was among the Techwomen Fellow who reunited to help develop the YouthMobile Initiative Project
- Presently, she works at the Rwanda Civil Aviation Authority as an area control centre IT engineer.
- She is part of the team that will be organizing the project called “Refugee Girls Need You”. This initiative intends to provide special support to teenager refugee girl focusing on connecting them with mentors, other Rwandan teenage girls and successful Rwandan women born or living abroad as refugees. This is aimed to promote their personal development through mentorship and encourage them to dare have dreams despite their situation.
Why TechHer Loves Her:
We love Winnie Ngamije for her hard work, dedication and commitment in technology space. She is a role model to identify with.
Gleaned from Internet